Article 1: BELIEFS
FULL STATEMENT OF FAITH
As members of this church, we believe in the following statement of faith:
1. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
4. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for the justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become the children of God.
7. The personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our “blessed hope” and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
8. There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting, conscious punishment.
9. The true church is composed of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
10. Water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Saviour is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life, and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.
Article 2: MARRIAGE
A. Definition of Marriage
Marriage has been instituted by God. This church defines marriage as the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment.
B. Legitimate Sexual Relations
Legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities outside of marriage are incompatible with the Biblical witness.
VISION AND MISSIONS
KOINONIA International Christian Fellowship Aalborg – Denmark
Koinonia International Christian Fellowship exists to be an international community of Christians in Aalborg who faithfully proclaim God’s Word in worship, discipleship, and evangelism, and visibly display God’s love in fellowship and service. Our ‘official’ language is English.
Acts 2:42, “And they were continually devoting themselves to the apostles teaching, and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”
It is our desire to have a church family that will be known for these four characteristics:
• Teaching God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17, James 1:22)
• Fellowship (Hebrews 10:23-25, Romans 12:10)
• Communion (1 Corinthians 10:16-17, 11:23-34)
• Prayer (Philippians 4:6, James 5:16)
This community is made up of individuals who have surrendered their life to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. It is our desire, as individuals to ‘walk in a manner worthy’ of that calling, and to be a community that is in the process of growing up in love (Ephesians 4:1-16).
We believe that the mission of the church is to fulfill the great commission (Matthew. 28:18-20), where Christian’s proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, lead others to a saving Faith in Jesus and support the efforts of worldwide missions.
PRINCIPLES OF PARTICIPATION AND ACCOUNTABLITY
To guide its members, KOINONIA has stated the following principles of participation and accountability to subscribe to:
• We are not to forsake the assembly of the brethren (ref. Hebrew 10:25). We are members of the Body of Christ and have need for one another (ref. 1 Corinthians 12).
• Understanding this importance of being a part of the body, members will make it a priority to attend the Sunday service, while in Aalborg. Members are also strongly encouraged to be part of a small group.
• As a Christian, I am to live a life that is honouring to the Lord Jesus, being salt and light.
• Matthew 18 gives instructions on how to address fellow Christians who have strayed from the way; the objective is restoration not condemnation.